/fa-fa-fa-fabric

11.09.2010

I have a confession to make. Sometimes I'll read my favorite college textbook, Fabric Science in bed before I go to sleep.

I suppose it's actually a binder.

Sometimes I'll go to sleep reading a binder of laborious information on fabric. And it soothes me.





That said, onto today's good event:

As unassuming as these boxes may seem, their contents (lots & lots of different fabrics!!!!), return address (L. Marshall!) and the prefacing information about me (complete textile nerd) tell a different story! I was absolutely GIDDY to find them on my front porch tonight!





THREE boxes filled with fabric and a sweet note. Wools, cottons and silks in felts, loose weaves, organzas etc.- (LOTS!- I'll need to take a longer look tomorrow) all chosen & used by a really talented and inspiring  designer! Holy cow. I love all the colours in the boxes and would have chosen them myself! Perfect.


another shoddy photo. maybe someday I'll have beautiful photos of finished garments?


Needless to say, I can't WAIT to get past tons of alterations/mending jobs and half-finished projects and use up all these pretty pieces.


Maybe feel and stare at them for a while too. And run a few tests. Yeah, I'm weird about fabric.

2 comments:

  1. WHA???? HOW???? KLESFJfhjkdfh Oh my god.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, RIGHT? she posted an ad for free fabric on her blog, and I offered to cover shipping!

    ReplyDelete

seymour.
Blog design by Labina @ Plexicod.