/to prove I'm not procrastinating (that much)

11.01.2010



A little update beginning with a couple obligatory costume shots! I threw together a Columbia from Rocky Horror in a few hours, thanks to my sequin dress from 8th grade. I bought that thing at a second hand store in Florida for $10, with an original (almost $300) price tag still on! I have worn it sooooo many times!




Nigel as Dogzilla. The costume was a little small and he looked hilariously uncomfortable in it, but I had a puppy-dinosaur hybrid on my hands for a few hours- what could be better?






Also, an attempt to prove I'm still sewing:


I need new pants!  Here's the muslin- I need to take 3" off the hem, and take in the waist a bit. Fake-out back pockets (I remove all back pocket bags on pants I buy anyway, so I feel no guilt) and PLEATS! Anyone who knows me will be very surprised that I'm digging the pleats on these. Really. The wool gabardine will be much more drapey, so I'm counting on very anti-Docker pleats... I'm SO excited to make these! Excuse my chaotic chambre : /


A little coat preview.


2 comments:

  1. what pattern are you using for the pants? Also, that bound buttonhole looks PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh thanks! There is one bad buttonhole out of three, so I didn't take a picture of that one. The pants are these ones: http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/082010-high-waisted-trousers

    the sizing is REALLY WEIRD.

    ReplyDelete

seymour.
Blog design by Labina @ Plexicod.