/christmas macarons

12.15.2010

Last weekend, I was invited to a little Christmas party and instructed to bring a sweet treat for sharing. You can't just bring chocolate chip cookies to this sort of thing and call it a day, so I had to do a little thinking.

If you scan as many sewing blogs as I do, then you'll already know that everyone loves Colette Patterns. Every one of their styles is named after something tasty (teas, spices, french pastries and now cocktails- a new men's pattern is for sale!), so that was naturally in the back of my mind. I also wanted a challenge in the baking department, and remembered that the cake pop lady Bakerella had posted something about macarons that looked thorough. Not to mention that they're also all over Pinterest, and they just look so pretty!

After much research, I was intimidated out of my mind and prepared for failure.

I found a recipe on Tartelette (I want to make everything there!) for peppermint and eggnog macarons, and went for it. Pretty sure I had nervous sweat on my forehead while folding the batter.



What are your favorite Christmas cookie recipes?




first, I blanched the almonds and took their skins off. some went flying into unknown kitchen territory.



FEET!


LOTS of frosting so the candy cane shards had something to stick to!


rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'. (limp bizkit, not wal-mart; remember that song? ridiculous.)



yum. maybe not quite Pinterest status yet... I think I'll need a new camera for that, and some powdered food colouring!



3 comments:

  1. Mmm I've been wanting to try making these for a while now. Your turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooo! they look lovely... i like the rolling them in crushed candy canes idea too! nice work...

    FEET -- lol! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious!! I've been dying to make some myself—ever since I went to that crazy Halloween market and had sesame flavored ones with chocolate/hazelnut filling and madarin candy (DROOL)—but I'm terrified.

    ReplyDelete

seymour.
Blog design by Labina @ Plexicod.